"Martin Bochnig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sure, I agree with you. That's what GCC(1) offers the [-std=standard]
> options for (of course Studio has a limited similar functionality,
> which supports less standards unfortunately). However, it is not
> GCC(1)'s fault if many folks tend to write code that includes the GNU
> extensions, rather than being ansi or cNN clean. Everybody has the
> choice. I think blaming GCC(1) for this would be scapegoating. You are

Well, but we need more hints to other compilers such as Sun Studio instead
of whining that the code does not compile with Sun Studio. We need to
inform the Authors about their problems and we need to tell these people to use
Sun Studio.

After fixing some bugs in Linux include files, I was able to compile all my
sources on Linux using Sun Studio. See the notes in the file README.compile
in my source distributions.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)