Mike Meyer wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:42:00 -0500 (EST) Dennis Clarke
> <dcla...@blastwave.org> wrote:
>> If the Solaris commands become a superset of the Gnu ones, then that
>> position becomes a fait accompli.
>
> Thus avoiding the entire question of whether or not that's the best -
> or even a desirable - goal.

There are lots of proposals for someone else to do work, but few
volunteers stepping up to the plate.  I'm suggesting that those who
argue in favor of extensive changes to the existing Solaris commands
can demonstrate their commitment and interest by helping out. It's not
like we have a large team here at Sun tasked w/ this (or many other)
projects.

- Bart

--
Bart Smaalders                  Solaris Kernel Performance
ba...@cyber.eng.sun.com         http://blogs.sun.com/barts