Hi Martin,

Nearly two years ago I tweaked the SUNWlsimega driver to recognise the LSI
MegaRAID SATA 300-8X raid controller and have been using ever since (as I used
to manage the ftp site so know from which locations it was downloaded which
included Sun). It was a minor change and I found the driver reliable but the
SUNWlsimega driver still does not support the MegaRAID SATA controllers. Even
though this range of hardware is no longer being produced, it is odd that it
still only supports the scsi raid controllers.
I assumed correctly that because LSI use a common Windows MegaRaid driver for
their SCSI and SATA raid controllers (working through the windows driver
configuration files) the Solaris driver would also be compatible.