Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersm...@sun.com> wrote:

> While not a stopper, since we can easily fix every time we hit it, it would
> be amazingly nice if Sun Studio learned how to ignore \r at the end of lines,
> so that those of us working on cross-platform open source projects don't face
> thousands of "Invalid whitespace errors" every time someone checks in code
> with
> Windows linebreaks.  gcc seems to manage to ignore them properly.   (Including
> not treating it as the escaped character when a line ends in \\r\n and
> breaking
> line continuations.)

I have seen a lot of code written on microsoft and compiled iside a single
source tree on many platforms using the schily makefile system. I've never seen
the problem you describe. What is the exact problem you see?

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       j...@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)