hello alfred,
thank you very much for your kind support.
i had realized that to work on open office installed on regular laptop, is not
the same as working on a macintosh apple laptop.
i am very beginner in that, for example, you've told me
"3. Install with pkg Command line:% pfexec pkg install openoffice"
but i don't know where i can write this command to execute it.
i tried to do it from the terminal but it is saying "bad command".
can you please guide me how i can do it. the opensolaris version is 2008.11

and for the issue of packages. i need to install the messenger of hotmail, and
the google talk. i did not find the way to do it. i had followed your
instruction about the package website, but i did not work. i think i did not
know how to do it maybe, just i was searching for the package but nothing is
found.

i am sorry that i am giving you a lot of pressure, but i need your help badly,
since i have notice that even i don't have the concept how to deal with the
opensolaris OS

thank you very much and regards