Glynn,

Thanks for the heads up, I don't think any of are completely surprised.

I hope careful thought will be given to step-by-step instructions on how to get
from where we are to where we should be without a long downtime.  I'd hate to
think we will need half a day per machine because we have to start from scratch.

For example, I have a SOHO server that has a UFS root partition and a zfs
mirrored pool on each drive.  Liveupgrade allowed minimal downtime in this
configuration which has been running since snv_49.  It seems that the way to do
right now would be to split the mirror, load 2009.2 on one disk, mount the old
root and zfs pool and copy what is needed to the new drive, unmount and then
mirror and resilver the old drive.  This sound like a very scary proposition.
The other way would be to install from scratch and then bring stuff in from a
backup, which is just as scary.  I was reserving this nonsense for a disaster
recovery, not an upgrade.

Gary