Jonathan Edwards wrote:

> On Aug 11, 2009, at 6:08 PM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>
>> Erast wrote:
>>> Guys, could someone confirm that this schedule is STILL valid?
>>>
>>> http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/on/schedule/
>>>
>>> I'm just wondering that because of SXCE drop - what will happen with
>>> bi-weekly schedule and releases?
>>
>> The only thing that changes is the line "The SXCE binary releases are
>> built from the following Nevada builds and are typically released about
>> 10 days after the WOS build closes." will become "The OpenSolaris binary
>> releases and /dev package repository updates are built from the following
>> Nevada builds and are typically released about N days after the WOS build
>> closes." where N will probably vary a bit for the first few builds while
>> we get the kinks out of the new process, before stabilizing on a value to
>> be determined.
>
> sorry if i missed this before, but will the nv isos still get made from
> the WOS builds?

No.  The only ISO's made will be OpenSolaris LiveCD's.   It won't even be
possible to make the SVR4 packaged ISO's from the bits built & delivered
by the consolidations, since they'll be transitioning (over time, not all
at once) to only building and delivering IPS packages.   You'd have to
build your own SVR4 packages to recreate the old-style isos.

> i understand that the SXCE binary downloads are going away .. (just
> wondering if I need to transition to a private build system until some
> of the IPS smoke clears)

No, you need to transition to working with IPS.   There are internal
presentations on this, but they emphasize that we're not treating
internal & external developers differently here - we're stopping the
old-WOS production/release for everyone at the same time.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersm...@sun.com