Hi
Just so that people are aware starting in s10 update 8, or applying a few patches to existing system, a new feature called turbo packaging is being introduced, which will improve any long running packaging operations, ie install, upgrade, zone creation etc, not so much for patching.
6820054 Turbocharged SVr4 package commands [PSARC 2009/173]

Enda