Adam Retter wrote:
> Okay as I understand it, I need to add a "Virtual" property to
> xorg.conf - I cant seem to even get a working xorg.conf.
>
> I tried to generate an xorg.conf by running -
>
> $ pfexec svcadm disable gdm
> $ xorg -configure
>
> Then when I try and test the xorg.conf, I just get a black screen and
> nothing else (I can escape this with Ctrl-Alt-Delete) -
>
> $ Xorg -config xorg.conf.net

That is a working Xorg when you start it like that with no applications.
If you want to see the old grey background, you need to add -retro now.
(This changed upstream in Xorg 1.6, from the old grey default backdrop
 to solid black default backdrop.)

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersm...@sun.com