On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Joerg Schilling
<joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersm...@sun.com> wrote:
>
>> Travis Tabbal wrote:
>> > Firefox isn't working for me. It says it's starting up, then dies. No
>> > errors on the console when run from xterm. I even tried the latest from
>> > mozilla.com for OpenSolaris.
>>
>> Do you have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set in your environment?   Unset it and
>> try again, and then understand why we tell you not to do that.
>
> Is there a chance that the related bugs introduced around nv117 will be fixed?
>
> Note that all the time before there have been no problems and that firefox
> now fails although LD_* do not try to introduce incompatible libs.
>
> Jörg
>
> --
>  EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
>       j...@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)
>       joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de (work) Blog:
> http://schily.blogspot.com/

This is what I am running (and I migrated through all builds that are
available as public IPS upgrades)  :   2010.02 Preview  ...

mar...@opensolaris:~$ uname -a
SunOS opensolaris 5.11 snv_122 i86pc i386 i86pc
mar...@opensolaris:~$ cat /etc/release
                       OpenSolaris Development snv_122 X86
           Copyright 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                            Assembled 28 August 2009
mar...@opensolaris:~$

Be aware, that I am running FF day in, night out   ....
Often it consumes 1GB or up to 1.5GB, because sometimes I am too lazy
to close all the tabs before I bookmark them, or write down
interesting info (sometimes a single session runs for 1 or 2 weeks).

And I had no problems whatsoever.

Therefore I would argue, that it is a mistake to complain about it in that tone.

%martin