Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersm...@sun.com> wrote:

> Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > Let me e.g. remind you on the bug report screensaver where I did even
> > attach a snoop log that verifies that xscreensaver issues an open()
> > attempt with the wrong credentials, so that the open() call is required
> > to fail.
>
> And which made patently false claims, like "xscreensaver does not work for
> anyone", while no one else has yet been able to reproduce your scenario,
> which is why it was closed as not reproducible.

Alan, it is not my fault when you don't understand scientific language and it
does not help if you try to bend facts. The problem hits anyone who uses a NFS
server that behaves as expected. It may be that in your special case your NFS
server grants you local root access but this would be non standard. The fact
that you have no problems with your home directory does not prove anything.

You have sufficient information that proves that there is a real problem,
please work on a fix.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin