ken mays wrote:
> There are two MAJOR issues I've observed we will need implemented before
> OS2010.02_snv129 (or OS2010.02_snv128 respin):
>
> 1. a 32/64-bit libdrm 2.4.15 fixed implementation (kernel/client update)
> 2. Intel 2.9.1 device driver update
>
> My test hardware for this incident: Compaq Presario S5000V
>
> I'd start working with Sun on that angle and testing out our hardware with
> some bug reports and HCL updates to them. Ask Alan C. what is possible before
> they finalize the freeze of snv_129/130 or OS2010.02.

I don't work on either, but as far as I know, neither of those are planned
or possible for 128 or 129, nor are they major bugs, just larger version
numbers you want to see.

libdrm & Intel driver updates depend on the new Intel kernel DRI driver
happening first, and the kernel driver team has to do a lot of work and
pass a long test cycle every time they port the kernel side from Linux
to Solaris.   They've been working on the DRI update for GEM for a while,
and it's slipped delivery dates a few times due to issues they've found
(I believe due to differences between Linux & Solaris kernel VM systems).

As has been noted elsewhere, the GEM transition caused a lot of issues
with Intel graphics support on Linux when it happened, so they're trying
to be careful here.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersm...@sun.com