ken mays <maybird1...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> There are two MAJOR issues I've observed we will need implemented before
> OS2010.02_snv129 (or OS2010.02_snv128 respin):
>
> 1. a 32/64-bit libdrm 2.4.15 fixed implementation (kernel/client update)
> 2. Intel 2.9.1 device driver update

How to check the versions?

BTW: I have a GM965/GL960 vendoe 0x8086 device isd 0x2a02

> My test hardware for this incident: Compaq Presario S5000V
>
> I'd start working with Sun on that angle and testing out our hardware with
> some bug reports and HCL updates to them. Ask Alan C. what is possible before
> they finalize the freeze of snv_129/130 or OS2010.02.
>
> Stay away from the Intel 2.8.x device drivers. Period.

Well, I have a problem as I need a workig iwk driver.

As long as I had a working Xorg without kbd/mouse jerks or delays,
I had many connection aborts with WIFI. Now I have a usable WIFI but
a many problems in Xorg.

It seems that Sun has a different aproach to grant "stabuility" than I have.
I would never upgrade component A if it depends on component B that is not
yet usable.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin