On your ubuntu CUPS server, you can turn off all banners for jobs that come in via rfc-1179 by adding '-o job-sheets=none,none' to the cups-lpd command line options. In /etc/inetd.conf it would look something like this:

printer stream tcp nowait root /usr/lib/cups/daemon/cups-lpd cups-lpd -o job-sheets=none,none

If you use xinetd or something else, you will have to do the math.

   -Norm

PS.
I know this works because I verified it by configuring inetd on my ubuntu box and then printed from one of my Solaris boxen.

Nibal wrote:
Hi,
this my previous post :
http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/opensolaris-code/2009-November/007597.html
but still no any solution
i had post this yesterday but i think not posted prob

Dear All,

I’m trying to disable cover page while I’m pronging from Solaris to ubuntu
Ubntu :

# lpadmin -p (printer shared name) -o job-sheets-default=none

# lpadmin -p (printer shared name) -o job-sheets-default=never

Who print form Solaris will get cover page
Solaris :

# lpadmin -p (printer shared name on ubuntu ) -s (ubuntu server ip)

To print
$ lp –d (printer shared name) (file name)

Still print banner page
But if I’m using following command on Solaris:

$ lp –d (printer shared name) (file name) – o nobanner Its print without cover page , but all users using WEB application which installed on soalris , so they cannot use command line to use –o nobanner option
My question is how can I disable cover page on CUPS ubuntu ,?or set it –o
nobanner option at solaris as default  ?

Is this possible to disable it on UBUNTU by configuring foomatic
Thanks ,

Nibal