> Hello, and thanks for your work on this issue!
>
> I have a machine with one RTL8111C and three
> RTL8110SC interfaces, with these mac_versions:
>
>         mac_ver                         1006632960
> mac_ver                         402653184
>         mac_ver                         402653184
> mac_ver                         402653184
>
> The first one would go flaky after some traffic, as
> others have seen. The 8110 interfaces seem fine,
> though.
>
> Version 12 of this updated driver fixes the problem
> with the 8111 interface, but after some amount of
> heavy testing, a couple of the 8110 ports lost their
> link and were unable to re-sync with my GigE switch.
> Even rebooting didn't fix the problem. I finally had
> to go back to the stock rge driver, and a reboot at
> that point fixed the problem.
>
> So, I decided to try version 9. That one seems to be
> holding up fine, so far.
>
> Just thought I'd add my data points to the mix.
> Version 12 seems to break something with the older
> chips.
>
> Thanks again,
> - Geoff

I think I fixed hang and performance issues on pci-based chipset.
Now RTL8169S and RTL8169SC have passed nicdrv test suit at home.
Here is the source tar ball.
  http://homepage2.nifty.com/mrym3/taiyodo/rge-rxhang4.tar.gz
Please try it if you like.

The webrev is here.
http://cr.opensolaris.org/~mrym/rge-rxhang4/

I'm working on the fix with Sun engineers. The changes will be integrated
into opensolaris soon.

-masa