> Sorry for the delay in replying on my part, masa.
>
> Here is the info you requested:
>
> sh-4.0$ kstat -m rge | grep mac_ver
>       mac_ver                         1006632960

Thanks, your nic is 8168C too.

> I would be happy to test version 12 of the fix that
> you've built; I can't do it right now, but I should
> be able to later this week, when I get the other
> machine back on line for me to use as a test
> machine.
>
> What kinds of things changed between version 9 and
> version 12 of your fix?

I have filed them in bugster database. The bug Ids are,
6906401 rge will hang because of reading corrupted tx descriptors
6906408  rge using pci MMIO regs (rather than IO) will reduce cpu usage

The root cause of the hang is 6906401

Now I'm working on them with Sun engineers.
-masa