On 29.01.2010 14:40, Matthias Pfützner wrote:
> Robs,
>
> EEEpc all use the 32-bit versions, and I still like to have 64bit at home, for
> large ZFS pools... ;-)
>
> But thanks for the hint!
>
>     Matthias
>
> You (Robs) wrote:
>> Take a look at the eeepc-disc...@opensolaris.org archive.

>>> 63225 Langen
>>> mailto:matthias.pfuetz...@sun.com
>>> Germany
>>> http://blogs.pfuetzner.de/matthias
>>>
>>> AIM: pfuetz, ICQ: 300967487, YIM: pfuetz64, Sun-IM (Sun only): pfuetz
>>> TWITTER: http://twitter.com/pfuetz

Hi Matthias,

have you also evaluated going the AMD route? I am also looking into
setting up a home server, and I have seen that with AMD one can get ECC
RAM for much less money.

Additionally, there seem to be not much difference power consumption
wise when compared to ATOM based setups, when one chooses the right
components. I am a little bit hesitant to go this route, as driver
support for Intel based components seems to be better...

Any thoughts or comments?

Cheers,
Thomas
  • ... Matthias Pfützner - Principal Field Technologis t - Systems Infrastructure Ambassador - Solution Architect
    • ... Tim Foster
      • ... Matthias Pfützner
    • ... Casper . Dik
      • ... Matthias Pfützner