Hi Michael,

* Michael Sichler (michael.sich...@kirtland.af.mil) wrote:
> Alan,
>
> Unless I'm still missing something, there were no DVD images at the link.
>
> That's the problem.  You still have to install OpenSolaris and setup a
> local repository to install all the other packages.  Why not just
> provide a DVD install with all the packages already on it and
> available at install time.... like SXCE.  Really I'm just rehashing my
> thoughts from probably six or seven months ago.  However, there are a
> considerable number of people who agree.

And as has been said before, the "community" is free to create such a
thing.  The tools exist (Distribution Constructor).  But it'll require
some work.  However to this date, while a *few* people have been happy
to ask for it and lament that it hasn't been done, no one's stepped up
to actually make it happen.  So, until someone from the community
decides that it's important enough to them to put some time in and
create such a thing or it becomes a priority/goal for those of us that
produce the OpenSolaris distribution (which it isn't/hasn't), nothing's
going to change.

I'm not trying to attack you specifically or anything, just stating why
things are the way they are.

Cheers,

--
Glenn