Alan,

>so if so many people want it so badly, why have none of them used that to
>build an image and ask to have it hosted on genunix.org or opensolaris.org?

That is probably because the SXCE distribution had all packages included so
there wasn't a reason to build it.  Besides, my guess is a lot of people are
not programmers.  Most are probably just systems administrators or users who
just want to be able to install the OS; they don't know how to use the distro
constructor tool.  It needs to be easy if you want people to use it.

>This is an Open Source community after all, not a venue to demand free
products and services from Sun.

Didn't mean to get you upset.  I understand this is an Open Source Community. I
wasn't and I don't believe others who offer their opinions are demanding
anything from Sun, I mean Oracle.  Just because we use OpenSolaris doesn't mean
we don't purchase Sun Hardware, training or support subscriptions.

Regards    :-)