Tomas Bodzar <bodz...@openbsd.cz> wrote:

> "I'm still under NDA - it's a
> standard part of the employment contracts at both Sun & Oracle and
> probably pretty much every tech company in the world."
>
> I'm in a tech company. But company which focuses only on open source so no
> NDA possible.

Looks like you confuse things... Alan of course cannot tell you things about
inner details of Sun or Oracle.

You can try to disclose inner details of the company you are working for and I
am sure that you will be fired immediately.

And BTW: I did sign several NDAs that _allowed_ me to create OSS I could
otherwise not write. If you are signing an NDA for a OSS project, you just need
to make sure that you get permission to publish OSS code that results from
knowing details. Only sign the NDA for not disclosing the original meterial.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       j...@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)