>On 03/18/10 10:20 AM, homerun wrote:
>> Greetings
>>
>> Just asking , is there interest to port MythTV to OpenSolaris.
>> http://www.mythtv.org/
>>
>How long will the supported list of video capture cards be useful?
>The notices I've been receiving from Comcast sound like they are
>moving to most programming being delivered as encrypted digital.
>If this an indication of where the industry is moving, how useful
>will the boards be that only support over the air (ATSC) or
>unencrypted cable (clear QAM)?

Same here; there are several Cable companies in the Netherlands;
one stops analog service on 10/10/10; the other two are larger
but I expect them to stop with analog service in 5 years or
so.

You will need a digital TV receiver with a CI+ slot (and a
cable operator who supports the CI+ slots)

Casper