I used NFS because I mount the storage on the frontend machines that way as
well. iSCSI would certainly work, probably quite well for recordings. The other
nice thing is that I can expand recording space by just changing the quota, the
VM doesn't need to do anything to use it. If I used iSCSI, I would have to
expand the FS in the Linux VM to use it. And iSCSI isn't friendly to concurrent
access from multiple machines. NFS is. Not as big an issue with current Myth as
you can tell the frontend machines to stream from the backend rather than
accessing the recordings/videos via local mount.