On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:08 AM,  <casper....@sun.com> wrote:

> ere
>>> d about that, since I'd seen it in Solaris Nevada/Express.

>>> Really?  The boot-archive isn't always updated when it is needed and I had
>>> this happen often until I "nulled" the boot-archive script.
>>
>>Can you explain a bit more about what you mean by "nulled" the
>>boot-archive script?
>
> In some systems I removed the script and changed it to "exit 0" but mostly
> I change the startup script to :true in the SMF configuration.
>
> I've been bitten several times, years ago, and since then I always "null"
> the boot-archive start script.
>
> Casper

Yes. The entire boot-archive script converts a (usually) non-fatal
situation into its counterpart.
If its designer feel it is necessary, then thy should change it into a
soft ¨Dear user ... BTW, FYI  ...¨ warning.

But a bug fix was mentioned earlier in this thread.
I didn´t open it yet. Maybe it sufficiently deals with everything. I
must look  ...

%mab