> This may come as a bit of a shock, but a large number
> of us are
> subscribed via email.  We get those emails whether
> we're interested in
> the thread or not.

Not at all. I to subscribe via email and have my email sort via filters that
process the emails for me. I read what I want and trash the rest. Not a big
deal, I find some interesting side bars out by this processes and am thankful
to people that post. I do not want to live in a tunnel and learn much from side
bar information. I personally find it unacceptable to have my world limited by
what others find acceptable, "dictatorship"