Oracle has stated that going forward OpenSolaris will NOT have all packages
from Solaris prime.
That's always been the case since the OpenSolaris distribution was created
over 2 years ago. Again, nothing new, unless you're referring to or know
something different.

Oracle is doing "Welcome Sessions" and when I attended the London one couple of weeks ago they mentioned that not everything will be open source in Open Solaris. I don't know what exactly they mean by that but I guess they are referring to products like Fish Works which is based on Open Solaris but still it is not an open source product. We should except more products/appliances like this in the future I think. I would be very surprised (and disappointed) if Oracle would start closing main components of the OS. I doubt they will.

--
Robert Milkowski
http://milek.blogspot.com