If the quote you printed is accurate "...some features of its Oracle Solaris
will not appear in OpenSolaris..." is right, then don't you have it wrong when
you say that was Sun's position?

I thought OpenSolaris was the development branch of Solaris, and new
technologies, such as Crossbow, may not make it into the Solaris releases.

My take on the quote is Oracle is developing Solaris independently of
OpenSolaris and they don't plan to introduce some of those features into
OpenSolaris.

Why would Oracle have a development team for Solaris independent of
OpenSolaris, when OpenSolaris is supposed to be the development branch for new
technologies that will be adopted into Solaris?