What ever happens to (Open)Solaris the new version of Solaris (Solaris Next again "Oracle Welcome Session") will surly be based of OpenSolaris.. I guess the only key word will be "Open"

Andrew

George Koutras wrote:
I start shivering to the idea that oracle might drop opensolaris or keep developing only the Openstorage required portions of it, and adding to that the sudden silence in indiana-discuss from "@oracle.com" & "@sun.com" (last email on Friday 9/4), lets hope we will not be forced to move to bsd or linux world ( really outdated OSes compared to (open)solaris ). Please save the project.

George

--
Andrew Watkins * Birkbeck College
http://notallmicrosoft.blogspot.com/