On 04/14/10 12:12 PM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
Paul Gress wrote:
If their pushing to the main OpenSolaris gates every day, why hasn't
anything been released.  Why cannot I upgrade to b135, b136 or b137?
Every previous time we've had a release in progress, updates to /dev stopped
while the release was underway - when 2009.06 was being finalized, builds 112
though 115 got skipped in /dev.

But the difference was the community was informed. It appears that everything was frozen. I must say that I'm getting nervous. I've been waiting since around the later b120's for b135, as this marked the first release with NWAM phase 1. Now I see not even a whisper on the release front.

My analogy on this situation is like the drug pusher giving drugs to kids for free knowing when he stops giving it for free the kids will be addicted and will agree to pay for it. It appears we are now in the stop giving it stage and the community is now going through withdrawal symptoms. They need their Opensolaris.

    Unfortunately, I don't know when new builds
will be able to be published in the pkg repo again, but the sources continue
to be made available if someone else wanted to build them.

Just taking the existing sources and releasing builds to a community-run pkg
repo is not a fork though.