> On 04-15-10, joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling) wrote:
> Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersm...@oracle.com> wrote:

>> It would be nice to finally get that i18n code replaced, if for no other
>> reason than to stop seeing articles about how the IBM System/Z port can't
>> make progress because they can't build libc.

> Isn't this funny while knowing that it is IBM that brevents this as IBM owns
> the code that cannot be made OSS.

> Jörg

Regarding the i18n code, do we have any sort of detailed specs on it such that
a motivated programmer could sit down with a stack of POSIX books and just
begin to hammer it out from first principals? I mean, without doing something
obscene like reverse engineering or simple disassembly.

Dennis

ps: sorry about the lack of message indenting but Sun Convergence isn't doing
that for me this morning. Thankfully it does not break maillist threads.