Hello openSolaris forums!
(I put this same post up at another openSolaris forum but there seems to be
more community involvement here so I'm hoping someone may be able to help out.)

When attempting to launch Firefox (via desktop icon or from taskbar at top) the
"Starting Firefox Browser" shows up on the bottom task bar & the mouse cursor
changes to the "working" cursor. After a few seconds they both disappear.

I've tried running terminal commands to launch Firefox with no success.
I tried updating the openSolaris BE with no success (updates ran fine, just not
launching FF).
The opensolaris.org repository doesn't have any alternative browsers listed.
I've reinstalled openSolaris twice without any errors; live CD FF works great.
Just not from HDD.

My openSolaris is on my VirtualBox running in Windows 7 x64 (FF works fine when
installed onto VBox on my Mac book).

I'm curious if there is a known fix that I missed.
Is there a way I can update FF from the terminal?
Or best of all: can I get a different browser? I don't really like FireFox &
planned on using something else anyway.

Thanks for all the assistance oSF!