> A test with _short_ path names does not prove
> anything - sorry.

Jörg,

WTF do I need to do then? I was told that you couldn't unarchive any long
filenames with another tar, that it wouldn't work.

Do I need to rub my tummy, while hopping around on one leg in a full moon?

Or do I need to do something else special?

I'm sure the CD Burning software is horribly broken also, but it burned a CD
for me. I have no idea if it used cdrecord or not, it doesn't matter, I can
burn CDs and it appears to work...go figure...this community has long been
pointing a finger at the Linux community, crying foul for every utility there
is and you have been leading the pack.

In the meantime *WE* can barely build the fsckin' kernel without having
permission from the holder of the keys. That means Oracle now. If anything is
broken, it's that process, IMO.

Cheers,