On 21/06/2010 07:15, Hernan Saltiel wrote:
Thanks to Rich Lowe, I know what I did in the wrong way.
Here is what needs to be done in order to have a working onnv_142 OpenSolaris:

a) Install OpenSolaris snv_134 (this is my case only).

b) Create a directory where to put the untar'ed, unbzip2'ed binaries:
   1) mkdir -p /export/repo

c) Untar and unbzip2 the binaries:
   1) cd /export/repo
   2) tar jxvf /path/to/file/on-nightly-142.i386.tar.bz2

d) Start the local repository in one terminal window (it cannot be closed):
   1) /usr/lib/pkg.depotd -d /export/repo/on-nightly-142.i386 -p 13000

e) Execute onu.sh, downloaded from http://www.opensolaris.org/sc/src/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/tools/scripts/onu.sh
   1) cd /opt (where I want onu.sh downloaded)
2) wget http://www.opensolaris.org/sc/src/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/tools/scripts/onu.sh
   3) chmod +x onu.sh
   4) ./onu.sh -Ot on-nightly-142.i386 -u http://localhost:13000

f) After the upgrade, poweroff the machine.
   1) poweroff

g) Boot again, and be happy! I have, now, an onnv_142 OpenSolaris!!!

Thanks again for the help, and best regards,

HeCSa.
Thank you, thank you, and thanks so much to Rich Lowe (I'd thank you personally, but don't have your email address). This process took minutes only (the longest was the download), and now I'm running

SunOS wonky 5.11 onnv-build:onnv_142 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris

The only one thing I noticed which made me nervous was that it left the new boot environment mounted on /tmp/... I did a

beadm umount on-nightly-142

before rebooting, because that's given me problems before, I think it caused /opt to be empty. I also just did init 6, not poweroff / on. I hope that doesn't come back to bite me ...

A happy camper,

Rob

--
E-Mail: rob.mcma...@warwick.ac.uk               PHONE:  +44 24 7652 3037
Rob McMahon, IT Services, Warwick University, Coventry, CV4 7AL, England