Hi,

While searching for details of Solaris 10 update 9, I found the following on
http://sparcv9.blogspot.com/2010_06_01_archive.html

Extract

Solaris Next not OpenSolaris?
Many of us have patiently been awaiting the 2010.xx release of OpenSolaris
frustrated by the lack of communication from Oracle. After some digging I
realized that something quite interesting has been going on for a while. Oracle
themselves are not building OpenSolaris anymore, not since build 135. They are
building "Solaris Next Development", this is from /etc/release:

Solaris Next Development snv_140 X86
Copyright (c) 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Assembled 29 April 2010

This kind of makes sense, since OpenSolaris always have been the development
branch for the Solaris.next, but the distributions have been named OpenSolaris
for a while. I also found some tags like "osol_2010.05u4" which seems to be
related to build 140. So have there been a change in plan for OpenSolaris
2010.xx release or is this just something for the future, "Solaris 11". But
since build 134[a|b] which once should have been the release build for the next
release still has the old names in them there might sill be a "OpenSolaris"
release.