Distinction between .com and .org.. .;-)

.com is for the binary distribution, .org is for the Open Source Project and
Community effort...

So, seeing, that the binary distro pages will be moved onto "ordinary"
"standard" Oracle infrastructure should also give a hint as to the value of
that part... It's a "standard" piece then, no longer a offspring... My
interpretation at least...

          Matthias

You (Petros Koutoupis) wrote:
> krenos,
>
> The problem with that newsletter is that Oracle's intentions with OpenSolaris
> are still unclear. When I read it I get this out of it:
>
> >>and OpenSolaris.com will stick around for a little longer
>
> and
>
> >>but soon all new content will appear on the Oracle Technology Network only.
>
> What does "and OpenSolaris.com will stick around for a little longer" mean?
> And with regards to new content, does that include new content for
> OpenSolaris? What new content are we talking about here?
> --

    Matthias Pfützner    | mailto:pfu...@germany | Solange ich nicht dabei-
 @work: +49 6103 752-394 | @home: +49 6151 75717 | sein muß, können sie sogar
  SunCS, Ampèrestraße 6  | Lichtenbergstraße 73  | auf mich einschlagen.
    63225 Langen, FRG    | 64289 Darmstadt, FRG  | Heiner Geißler