joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de wrote:
> I am not sure about where you live but in the real world, there is NO IPS
> in Solaris. IPS was introduced in Indiana (why not in Solaris) and Indiana
> is a nice proof of concept on how to slow down things by working against the
> community.

In the world I live in, IPS is in Solaris Nevada, the development branch of the
next release of the Oracle Solaris commercial product, and the source of the
code that Oracle releases to the OpenSolaris project.   You can refuse to accept
our reality all you want, but you won't be able to build ON builds later than
nv_135 or X builds later than nv_143 without IPS, and JDS & SFW are in the
process of converting as well.

> -     There is no Xorg package from Blastwave, is there such a beast
>       from other sources besides Indiana?

The source code used to build the Xorg packages in Nevada is fully released via
OpenSolaris, and has been used by the Belenix & Martux distros, since we worked
together on the "Fully Open X" project to replace all of the sources from Sun's
previous semi-proprietary fork with current open source code.   There is nothing
"Indiana" about them.

> -     There is no set of GNOME packages from Blastwave that include gdm
>       and correctly support internationalization.
>       Does this exist from other sources besides Indiana?

The source code used to build the GNOME packages in Nevada is fully released via
OpenSolaris.

Trying to claim all these things are somehow unworthy and unusable by labeling
them "Indiana" only slows down the development of a community distro - in many
ways the "Indiana" project has now been completed - it accomplished its goals
and integrated into the master OpenSolaris/Nevada gates.

> Why use the latest source tree if this causes lots of problems?

Why cause lots of problems by refusing to work with the other community members
and refusing to use the latest available code?

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersm...@oracle.com