gJoerg Schilling wrote:
Hi,

today, I put SchilliX-0.7.0 out.

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/schillix/
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/schillix/SchilliX-0.7.0.iso.bz2
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/schillix/README.install

Changes since SchilliX-0.6.7:

-       Updated to use OpenSolaris Nevada Build 130

-       Updated to use new Schily tools (e.g. cdrtools-3.00)

-       The history editor in the Bourne shell now supports
        multi byte character locales.

-       root now has the initial passwd root

-       schillix now has the initial passwd schillix

Please test an report problems as I am going to use SchilliX-0.7.0
as a base for working on a 100% free and open source based
distribution that is able to compile it's own sourcecode.
This is usually called "self hosting".
Jörg,

Did you pull the libc work from Garrett and drop that on there?
Which compiler did you use to build onnv-gate?
What are you doing for c++ and are the binaries from Solaris/OpenSolaris able to run? Which version of grub did you include on the ISO and or do you have any other GPLv2 software linking against libc? Where's the source to your patches? (I thought you have this all on Berlios.. maybe)

Thanks!

./C