Joerg Schilling wrote:
"C. Bergström" <codest...@osunix.org> wrote:

Did you pull the libc work from Garrett and drop that on there?

No, I just created a halfway clean base for starting with the emancipation
work.

Which compiler did you use to build onnv-gate?

OS-12.1
That's not a compiler version. I know gcc doesn't boot, but ping me off list or on irc if you'd like to help test a compiler to replace SS
What are you doing for c++ and are the binaries from Solaris/OpenSolaris able to run?

I supply the binary libC from Sun.
There is absolutely zero documentation on their C++ ABI, but I believe they've implemented the IA64 ABI. It's rumored that with time it'll be the default.
Which version of grub did you include on the ISO and or do you have any other GPLv2 software linking against libc?

To cut to the chase and not armchair lawyer this issue... SFLC has stated that GPLv2 grub linking to a liberated libc can't be distributed together.. (eg on an iso) The solution is/was to use grub2 which is GPLv3 and more clear on this.. Seth Goldberg has done this as well as one person in the community so it's just a matter of getting their work integrated.
Where's the source to your patches? (I thought you have this all on Berlios.. maybe)

For b130, I just needed to change two lines of code in order to make
ksh93 and another oss work from outside compile with OS-12.1.

If people are interested in an updated version of my distro creator,
I may work on a general usable set.

BTW: do you have results that others may use?
There's our patches to libc, packaging and many things.. Please answer my question and yes all my previous work is public as well as my future work..