I'd say correct sequence of commands should be:

pfexec fdisk /dev/rdsk/c10t0d0p0

In fdisk, select and delete (all) partition(s), then create one partition of FAT32 ('C') type. Save, exit.

mkfs -F pcfs -o fat=32 /dev/rdsk/c10t0d0p0:c

Note that you instruct mkfs to use p0, not p1.
However, some other scheme might be more reliable or convenient, ie you could format drive with ZFS, leave it attached to Solaris machine and share its contents over SMB/Windows network with Windows machine. Or vice versa (with NTFS).

Mike DeMarco wrote:
I have a 1Tbyte usb external HD that I want to be able to read with windows and
b134. I have tried all of the below but am unable to get solaris to read and
write to it.

mkfs -F pcfs -o fat=32 /dev/rdsk/c10t0d0p1
      *Bad Sig on master boot record!
mkfs -F pcfs -o fat=32 /dev/rdsk/c10t0d0p1:c
      *No such logical drive (missing extended partition entry)
rmformat -F long /dev/dsk/c10t0d0p1
      *Not a removable device
rmformat -F long /dev/rdsk/c10t0d0p1
      *DKIOREMOVABLE ioctl failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/c10t0d0p1 /mnt
      *mount: /dev/dsk/c10t0d0p1 is not a DOS filesystem.
mount -F ntfs /dev/dsk/c10t0d0p1 /mnt
touch /mnt/testfile
       *cannot create regular file /mnt/testfile: Read-only file system

The ntfs mount is after installing FSWpart & FSWfsmis

just need this drive to work like a memory stick. so I can move files between
my duel boots.

Thanks