As an interesting side note, prior to Oracle launching Unbreakable
Linux I noticed that critical db patches (not quarterly bundles) were
usually released for Solaris followed shortly by Linux and Windows
versions. After Oracle started their Linux initiative, I noticed that
they all had roughly equal release dates with only Windows patches
trailing now and then. Whether this changes now remains to be seen.

As for AIX, I haven't seen any word of its retirement. In fact, IBM
are busy working on version 7 as it's currently in open beta:
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/aix/v71/preview.html

-Gary