I just found my way to this post.. I've been scratching my head as to why
update manager has been failing to find any updates and I downloaded the latest
"Oracle Solaris" to see if that would fix things.. only to find I can't even
register my solaris machine anymore.. :-(

I'm a manager now.. been a developer, dba, and system admin.. Solaris has been
with me on and off for 30 years..  I've kept it at home so I could keep my unix
skills up.. Paying $1000 a year doesn't make any sense to me for home use..
would it really kill them to just push security patches?

It's truly sad what Oracle has done to Solaris.. I guess I'll look to Linux.. I
hear Ubuntu is pretty good..