Erik,
What is driving my Sandybridge desire is I want to build a SunRay server for
home use, also doubling as a ZFS file server, and some simple gaming.

If I can replace all computers at home, with SunRays I have saved power. Say
each PC uses 100 watt at idle, that could be 300Watt at idle. If I replace them
with a SunRay server that idles at 50watt, I have saved lots of power.

I want the server to be powerful, but excellent graphics performance is not
important, but I want rudimentary graphics ability: 1080p, Compiz, etc.
Sandybridge is powerful CPU, so I can do some heavy compilations and
development, and also SunRay will benefit from powerful CPU.

I also want a ZFS server (the raid discs are normally powered off)

I suspect a Sandybridge with integrated graphics is powerful and idles at
50watt. AMD with separate graphics card is not as powerful as Sandybridge, and
uses lots of power. AMD bulldozer could be an option, but then I need a
discrete graphics card that sucks up lots of power - so Bulldozer is not an
alternative. Maybe OpenIndiana/Illumos/someone else could build an open sourced
3D graphics driver for Bulldozer? That would be perfect, but probably it will
not happen.

So, in my eyes Sandybridge gives lot of cpu power and rudimentary 3D graphics
and use little power - perfect for SunRay server. I dont see any other option
than Sandybridge? Price is not that important, I am willing to pay a premium.