On 2/22/2011 8:28 AM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
On 02/22/11 07:47 AM, Erik Trimble wrote:
If you care about 3D, don't use the Sandy Bridge or Bulldozer on-die GPUs.  Get
a add-in graphics card.  They're better supported all around.  Both AMD and
(particularly) Nvidia have good Solaris drivers for most of their add-in card
product line nowdays.
No, mostly just nvidia.   For AMD/ATI we currently only just pass through the
open source 2D driver, without the support provided by the DRI driver in other
OS'es for Kernel Modesetting (KMS) or hardware acceleration
Thanks for the correction, Alan.

I had thought we'd added support for KMS, but, obviously, you know better than I.

:-)

--
Erik Trimble
Java System Support