> On Friday 28 May 2010 00:50:55 Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) wrote:
> > Please respond to this thread with your favorite reasons not to move
> > development to 2.x.   We will review the list at the 6 June open source
> > meeting with the goal of setting some priorities.

Oz, I think open source developers will naturally spend most of their time
working on the viewer they use most. And there are problems with 2.0 that for
me are much more insurmountable than just changes to muscle memory:
* Modal UI. Enough was said about this already.
* Most important for me, I just can't read the fonts in 2.0 without straining.
UI Widgets are too big and fonts are too small, for any UI size setting that
leaves a bit of 3d-world visible. I guess I am in the minority here (having
bad eyesight,) but I think this is a big minority group of existing and
potential SL users that would simply write off 2.0 as unusable.

Yes, there are improvements in 2.0 as well, but I can't enjoy them.

On Friday 28 May 2010 15:45:14 Lance Corrimal wrote:
> ... backport the alpha layer / tattoo layer / inventory links / script
> info  from about land into snowglobe 1.4... 50% of that are already done
> anyways, want a patch?

Yes please!

I wonder, can we flex the rule about contributor agreement for patches
backporting code that was originally written by linden lab?

--
Thickbrick