On 09/29/2010 07:06 PM, Kelly Linden wrote:
> * In my mind the biggest issue is that mono scripts will appear 4x worse
> than LSL scripts. This is really the reason I am hesitant to push a
> function like this through before we have the ability for mono scripts
> to better reflect how much memory they may use. We need more development
> time for any solution on that front. Right now because a mono script
> could use 64k, that is the only number we have available to count. Maybe
> it would be nice to have an API to access number of scripts, number of
> LSL vs. Mono scripts, amount of memory used and script time used.
> However we rapidly get away from my desired philosophy of minimal
> interfaces.

Don't overcomplicate things.  Just count mono scripts as 16k as well.
The average size of them is less than 16k, so it's still a conservative
number.

We don't need perfection.  The person with 255 scripts in each shoe will
still show up as using a lot.  Splitting hairs over kilobyte perfect
accuracy is pointless.

-Jason