fuck off take me off your list

-----Original Message-----
From: opensource-dev-boun...@lists.secondlife.com
[mailto:opensource-dev-boun...@lists.secondlife.com] On Behalf Of Ron Rogers
Jr.
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 11:00 AM
To: opensource-dev@lists.secondlife.com
Subject: Re: [opensource-dev] Linux toolchain update... testers needed.

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 15:59:18 -0400
"Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence)" <o...@lindenlab.com> wrote:

> There is no plan to do this.
>
> There is also not a plan not to do it.

Sigh...wasn't this suggested thing to do...4 years ago.  I know I complained
about the lack of a 64-bit builds of LL releases 2 years ago on my blog.

> I don't know whether or not the new build systems this was created on
> are any better set up for 64 bit building than the old one they will
> replace were (I'll find out).

It's 2012, they had better have a 64 bit Linux installed.

> However, even if they are,
> doing the work to rebuild and retest all the components and the viewer
> itself is not a priority for Linden Lab.

What is LL's priority, then.  Linux users tend to be early adopter/tech
evangelists.  Wouldn't it be a good idea to make such users happy by making
SL easier and less annoying to install for them.  I know if a 64-bit build
showed up, I'd certainly be crowing about it on the blog and praising the
Lindens for doing so.

CronoCloud