I would say that's probably the Intent. If you're trying to pry details out
of LL employees, with full knowledge you never intend to actually
contribute the result, why should LL assist you in that?

However, if you do intend to contribute, discussing the contribution with
the understanding the discussion is contributory, would have no net effect
on outcome. You'd already be contributing what you intend to contribute
later.

LL is simply protecting themselves from the scenario where someone mentions
some idea, and Later LL does something similar, and then said person starts
screaming "LL stole my idea".  Because this happens a lot, in all creative
fields (TV, Movies, Music, Games, and software).  This just lays it out
clearly: "If you discuss something with us, don't expect us to magically
forget it."

             - Dari