At 10:50 AM 10/7/2013, you wrote:

>This CA, just like the previous one, violates the contributors' right
>to privacy by requesting the contributor's snail mail address and phone
>number (!?!?!) and as such, is illegal in France (law "Informatique et
>Liberté": http://www.cnil.fr/fileadmin/documents/en/Act78-17VA.pdf - See
>chapter II, article 6, paragraph 3).
>Note that such info is not only excessive for the purpose (in case of a
>legal dispute, an US judge can get my private address from the French
>justice, based on my IP address which my ISP will be legally tied to
>disclose on a judge's demand), but it is also unreliable and thus,
>perfectly useless (what about persons who move or simply change their
>ISP and thus their phone number ?).
>
>I will not sign such a CA... unless Linden Lab's employees all provide
>me with their own snail mail address and private phone numbers, LOL !!!
>
>Henri.

Henri:

I am simply curious and don't want to cause any
argument or additional arguments about the
matter, and I support everyone's rights to privacy.

I just looked at
http://www.cnil.fr/fileadmin/documents/en/Act78-17VA.pdf
- See chapter II, article 6, paragraph 3

That reads as follows:

3° they shall be adequate, relevant and not
excessive in relation to the purposes for which they are
obtained and their further processing;

I don't understand how that applies.

The other question I would ask you:  when you
register any original written work for a
copyright in France, don't you have to put in
some kind of identifying information?

Regards,
Andromeda Quonset