On 2014-12-23 18:17 , Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) wrote:

As some of you are certainly aware, the Linden viewer devs have been busy for the last several weeks updating our tools for building viewers. The tools changes include:

  * Windows building with Visual Studio 2013
  * Mac building on OSX 10.10 with Xcode 6.1
  * Linux building with gcc 4.6
  * All platforms using Autobuild 1.0
    <https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Oz_Linden/Autobuild_Improvements>

The canonical repository for this is https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer-tools-update , and the various packages each have a lindenlab/3p-update-/name/ repository (those will be pulled to the 3p-/name/ repos when the viewer that uses them is promoted to viewer-release).

Just a quick update... we are now into the QA phase with this, and there is a Project Viewer available on the Alternate Viewers page <https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers#Second_Life_Project_ToolsUpdate_Channel> (there is a known issue with the Windows installer that I believe affects anyone that does not have developer tools installed... a fix should be out very shortly).

We've also put up a new page of instructions on how to set up a Windows development environment <https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Visual_Studio_2013_Viewer_Builds>. Suggestions for improvement are most welcome here and on the Talk page... we're trying to keep it as simple as possible while being sufficient to build a clean checkout of the viewer.

--
*Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence)* | /Engineering Director, Second Life/
Email or Hangouts o...@lindenlab.com <mailto:o...@lindenlab.com> | Second Life Oz Linden <https://my.secondlife.com/oz.linden>