Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 10:53:11 -0500
From: o...@lindenlab.com
To: opensource-dev@lists.secondlife.com
Subject: Re: [opensource-dev] Viewer Tools Upgrades - with a call for help

    On 2014-12-23 18:17 , Oz Linden (Scott
      Lawrence) wrote:

      As some of you are certainly aware, the Linden viewer devs have
      been busy for the last several weeks updating our tools for
      building viewers. The tools changes include:

        Windows building with Visual Studio 2013

        Mac building on OSX 10.10 with Xcode 6.1
        Linux building with gcc 4.6
        All platforms using Autobuild

            1.0

      The canonical repository for this is
https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer-tools-update
      , and the various packages each have a lindenlab/3p-update-name
      repository (those will be pulled to the 3p-name repos when
      the viewer that uses them is promoted to viewer-release).

    Just a quick update... we are now into the QA phase with this, and
    there is a
      Project Viewer available on the Alternate Viewers page (there
    is a known issue with the Windows installer that I believe affects
    anyone that does not have developer tools installed... a fix should
    be out very shortly).

    We've also put up a new page of instructions on how
      to set up a Windows development environment.  Suggestions for
    improvement are most welcome here and on the Talk page... we're
    trying to keep it as simple as possible while being sufficient to
    build a clean checkout of the viewer.

    --

        Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) | Engineering Director,
          Second Life

        Email or
          Hangouts o...@lindenlab.com | Second Life Oz Linden

        Linden Lab | Makers of