On 2015-02-04 11:27 , Nicky Perian wrote:
Yes, I am being persistent and I will not let it drop til I get a definitive answer from Linden Lab.

Ok - if any of the following sounds harsh, it's not meant to be, and it should not be taken as critical of anyone - it's written this way so that it will be as clear and definitive as I can be:

 * Look at what we do in the 'Release' configuration.
   We want open source builds to be as close to that as we can possibly
   make them (because it maximizes the chances we can use contributions
   easily).
 * We do not care about and will not accept changes to support building
   with more than one version of Visual Studio.
   If a case can be made that there is a better choice than the
   Community Edition, feel free to make it but pending that case being
   made that's the choice.
 * How TPVs that are not following our build system evolution and have
   not been for some time are doing things is not of interest.

Is there any more clarity needed?

I and my team have been somewhat disconnected lately doing our not-really-sekrit planning sessions, but they're done (I'm writing this on the plane home); we'll try to get re-engaged on the issues of getting any required changes made. We appreciate your patience.

--
*Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence)* | /Engineering Director, Second Life/
Email or Hangouts o...@lindenlab.com <mailto:o...@lindenlab.com> | Second Life Oz Linden <https://my.secondlife.com/oz.linden>